Monday, November 27, 2006

BiographyPlus.com Update

BiographyPlus.com Deep Index Experiment

About two weeks ago I said that I was going to begin experiementing on how to raise the number of indexed pages on the www.biographyplus.com website. I did create a new index and submitted it to Google. I am now up to 277 indexed pages (up from about 110-120). It seems to be rising about 3-7 links every day. In the mean time I have also been working on expanding the site so that I now have about 1300 pages on the site (about 6 pages per person for A thru B so far). None of those new deeper pages have been indexed so far. I have not submitted the URLs for any reciprocal links yet. No, I do not know what I am waiting for. Actually, I will wait until the number of indexed pages begin to slow down or do not rais at all, this way I can try to measure if getting reciprocal links does have any affect on the site.

Top Five with Popular Terms for Christmas Music CDs

I was able to make the top five on Google for a search for "music recommendations for Christmas" and "CD recommendations for Christmas" - I know the term is a little long, but it is a very common term that hopefully people will use in their searches. Hopefully it will lead to additional revenues. How did I do it? I must have just hit on the perfect combination of keywords in the content and in the meta tags (yes, I believe that all the search engines do look at the meta tags.)


What Happened to Kate Middleton?


For about 3 days, my Kate Middleton page on www.PopStarsplus.com was in the top 5 in Google for searches on her name. Now it is not even indexed. What a crazy search engine world we live in. I also noticed that all of the other "Celebrities" I had added over the last month have also dissapeared from the index. Google taketh with one spider and taketh away with another.

Ian Ripley . . . until next time.

No comments: