Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Kirby Puckett and Dana Reeve - A Superstar and the Wife of a Superman

A quick entry:

We were saddened to hear about the deaths of a sports legend Kirby Puckett and an amazing woman, Dana Reeve who both died earlier this week. Puckett is a member of the Baseball Hall of fame and a true leader, role model and sports hero while he was playing (although after he could not play any longer, he became depressed and began to tarnish his own reputation). Dana Reeves was the co-founder of the Christopher Reeves Foundation and a huge supporter of her husband's cause to cure paralysis, even after Christopher Reeve's own untimely death.

Searches for Kirby Puckett and both Reeves are hot this week - so make sure you have their pages or have them updated. If you have eBay -- Puckett memorabilia will also be hot, so have your eBay banners is very visible places - Puckett specific banners would probably work best.

Reality check -- I always have a guilty feeling when I do something to try to maximize the profits of my site after a celebrity passes away. But if I consitently have eBay, Amazon and other like banners on ALL of my pages, then I am just doing the same for this celebrity that I would have done for any other celebrity dead or alive.

Until next time . . .

I.R.