Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Winners

What kind of a celebrity blogger would I be if I did not mention the Academy Awards? However, it was not the most exciting of awards show this year (or even compared to other academy Awards shows of the past). This is my opinion - take it or leave it. However, I am not here to talk about the show it self or the endless hours of red carpet interviews -- but I am here to talk about the buzz of the show on the net and what it means to our celeb sites.

Award winners will obviously gain momentum in searches over the next few days, but many of the winners were not the most "popular" with the fans. For instance, Philip Seymour Hoffman (in my opinion) deservedly won for best performance in a leading role - however, his fan base is not as large as lets say nominee Heath Ledger. Winner Rachel Weisz is one to watch - put her on your site if you have not already done so, in our opinion her popularity will begin to rise big time over the next year or two.

Some of the big buzz winners were Reese Witherspoon got the nod for best leading actress (it should have gone to Judi Dench) and will increase her already large popularity and George Clooney's popularity will rise even greater from taking home an Oscar.

The cast of Crash will get some buzz from the Oscars by winning the big prize for a movie, especially ex-teen idol Matt Dillon. I must admit, I did not see this movie (along with most other people), but will now try to see it on DVD as soon as it comes out. So if you do not have pages for the cast members on your site, last week was the time to add them (no, we did not add them either).

Results of the award show will also be a popular search this week, especially today -- so get up the results as soon as possible. Unfortunately for us, my partner was not feeling well and fell asleep early on and was unable to post the results last night -- but not to worry, they will be up on www.PopStarsPlus.com by this evening. I'll forgive him this time.

I.R.